作为全球最大、历史最悠久的生态保护组织之一，TNC近十年来以严谨的科学精神、丰富的生态保护实践结合美国的STEM教育理念进行跨界创新，在美国推出了Nature Works Everywhere项目（natureworkseverywhere.org），目前已有超过800万学生受益于这个结合科学与实践的教育计划，合作伙伴包括大量学校、教师个人以及各种环境、教育和社会组织等。
The Coordinator/Manager works in a program or preserve office and provides administrative, research, project management and other general assistance to program staff working toward the achievement of protection, conservation or stewardship goals.
The Coordinator/Manager may manage conservation related Youth Engagement projects, participate in planning and implementation, develop creative educational packages related to City, Water as well as other conservation projects of TNC China. May include coordinating different types of pilot projects, research and activities by managing multiple tasks at same time, communicating and networking with various stakeholders. Work may be done in the field (species monitoring) or be based entirely in an office setting, compiling the information collected by others.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
• Supervises no staff but may oversee and direct work of office volunteers or interns.
• Coordinates multiple tasks or projects in a timely manner and with attention to detail.
• May assist with program budget preparation and monitoring.
• The Conservation Coordinator may work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances.
• Makes day to day decision as delegated by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, biology, ecology, geography or related field and 2 years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience coordinating multiple projects.
• Experience handling standard business communications.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Strong communication and people skills
• Multi-lingual and multi-cultural or cross cultural experience appreciated
• At least 3 years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to complete tasks independently within assigned time frames.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, with assignments sometimes coming from a number of sources and work independently.
• Strong administrative skills including attention to detail and numerical ability.
• Ability to plan, administer and record results of work-team meetings and activities.