ISC is seeking an Urban Program Officer to the implementation of the Low Emissions Cities Alliance Project (LECA). The Program Officer will support the Urban Director and the Urban manager in research and assisting the capacity building activities, workshops, and exchanges through both online platforms and in-person events. The Urban Program Officer reports to the Country Director.
LECA is a partnership among USAID, ISC and Energy Foundation China. Working with stakeholders in the Chinese public and private sectors, the three-year program will help 12 selected partner Chinese cities to reduce their emissions a full decade earlier than other Chinese cities.
The Alliance will further accelerate emissions reductions by creating a network of Chinese low emissions trainers that will assist other cities reach their peaking goals, and by supporting the expansion of national-level policies and regulations that draw upon program-generated best practices.
城市减排合作项目（Low Emissions Cities Alliance），由美国国际开发署（USAID）和能源基金会（EFC）资助，可持续发展社区协会（ISC）负责执行。项目将在三年内与中国12个城市开展合作，以技术支持和能力建设等方式和公共及私营部门合作，推动绿色低碳城市的建设，加速温室气体和污染减排。
POSITION SCOPE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is based in ISC’s Beijing office.
1. Coordination of city alliance
· Work with team member to coordinate city-based project
· Independently manage a few city projects
· Work with program manager to organize city exchange and Training of Trainers (TOT) capacity building events
2. Research and consultancy:
· Collect urban related paper, data, all-level policies and international and domestic practice of specific areas.
· Analyze urban related benchmark data and present the results in excel charts
· Assist in the data analysis of city studies.
· Assist in reports/guidebook/tools development.
· Assist in pilot cities implementation process.
3. Program support:
· Support the Urban Manager in contracts management and payments process.
· Edit the WeChat platform of program activities.
· Participate in meeting/workshop material preparation and management.
3+ years working experience in Technical Assistance or Consultancy project.
A Bachelor’s degree (or above) in environment, energy, urban planning, or other related science and engineering degree.
Technical expertise and/or knowledge in one of these areas: urban planning, environment protection, energy efficiency, GHG emission reduction concepts, mass rapid transit systems, green buildings, environmental governance, climate resilience, etc.
Good understanding on climate change issues and the challenges it presents to the sustainability of Chinese cities.
Good presentation abilities.
Analytical and well organized.
Open and collaborative work style.
Good verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English.
Experience with Photoshop, Microsoft Office suite and web-based software.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese.
Founded in 1991, the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is a US not-for-profit organization that builds the capacity of local leaders and organizations to address important global issues including climate change, sustainable development, and environmental protection, resulting in embedded capacity and lasting change. Headquartered in the USA, ISC currently operates in the United States, China, Bangladesh and India. ISC has an international staff cohort of approximately 55 people.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ongoing
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectation by email to email@example.com