· Project Officer based in Kunming
· Join a global NGO helping end avoidable blindness
· Contribute your project management and research skills to our team
Join one of Australia’s most well respected and fastest growing international development organizations – The Fred Hollows Foundation. Working across 25 countries, our vision is for a world where no one is needlessly blind. We have an ambitious 5 year strategic plan that aims to take The Foundation even closer to realizing our vision of ending avoidable blindness.
Since 1998, The Foundation has been supporting China county hospitals and rural communities to treat and prevent eye diseases through improving the quality and effectiveness of eye care services. FHF China has expanded its Program to cover 8 provinces including in the rural western region of China, focusing strongly on advocacy. FHF China advocates to the National Government for improved policy and practice in order to implement quality rural eye care services in rural China. FHF is now seeking a Project Officer to join with us to end avoidable blindness.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for
· Manage existing projects and achieving project outcomes
· Contribute to the development of new projects
· Quality Improvement and involvement in the Prevention of Blindness (PBL) research
· Maintain stakeholder relationships and work with partners to improve the outcomes of our work
You will have strong experience in managing complex programs in public health or development, ideally with some exposure to eye health programming and can demonstrate:
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and juggle several projects at the same time
· Excellent communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English
· Excellent report writing and documentation skills
· High level proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
How to apply
Applications should be made by emailing your bilingual CV (English and Chinese) and a cover letter addressing all areas required in the 'experience, skills & attributes' section of the Job Description firstname.lastname@example.org in email@example.com. Please indicate ‘Recruitment Project Officer’ in the subject line.
Please include referee contact details of your two most recent supervisors in your CV or email. Remuneration will be competitive and negotiable, please indicate your salary expectation and your earliest availability to commence the role.
Closing Date for Applications: 8 October 2018. Please be aware that applications may be viewed and applicants contacted prior to the close date.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from female and male candidates, persons with disabilities as well as from ethnic minority groups in China. Further information is available on our website: http://www.hollows.org.cn
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.